Use your Glas & Glimt butterflies and birds to liven up your spring decorations.
Here are 3 simple ways to “Spring into Spring”
SPRING INSPIRATION 1:
Basic Cake Transformed into a Bird Cake
Use your Glas & Glimt birds to create a playful cake. You can simply use one bird and create a dramatic silhouette. Extra sprinkle of powder sugar or cocoa powder at the edge of the bird will give the silhouette a strong definition.
1. Create a flat surface on your cake.
2. Arrange your birds.
3. Sprinkle powder sugar and make sure the edges are well covered.
4. Add a little flower or branch to finish the decor.
Spring or Easter Tree
- Cut a few budding or bare branches from your garden.
- Use a heave vase and stablize the branches into the vase.
- Securely hang a few birds onto the branches.
- Ensure that the composition is balanced.
- Voila! Enjoy your spring in the making!
Glas & Glimt Bird Nest Cake
- Start with your favorite cake and cut out a hole to create the nest.
- Cover cake with whipping cream and then cocoa powder.
- Add pretzels, coconut shavings or chocolate shavings to create a nest structure.
- Add egg-shaped candy, secure a twig in place & hang your bird.
Ingredients: Cake, whipping cream, cocoa powder, pretzels/coconut shavings/chocolate shavings, egg-shaped candy, branch, Glas & Glimt bird